Monday, January 30, 2006

A deserted Sunday

Shudehill Bus Station was all but deserted when I got down there yesterday afternoon. Lots of proud GMPTE officals standing round. It is actually a very nice bus station,warm and comfortable and similar in style to the new one in Hyde. The only confusion as to the new arrangements that I saw was on Cross Street where people were still waiting for buses that will never turn up! As I said yesterday though, the true test of these new arrangements will be to see what Deansgate is like at about 5.30pm tonight!

I decided to start this blog on a whim yesterday. Since then I've decided to find out if there are any similar blogs out there and I found this one: The Nightmare of the X84 Bus, about one woman's bad experiences of travelling in West Yorkshire.

1 comment:

Emma said...

Hello, thanks for stopping by my blog, I don't get that many visitors so comments are much appreciated :) Good to see you too are blogging about evil buses.
I've travelled on buses in Manchester (boyfriend lives that way) and while some are alot cheaper (well Finglands) than here they don't all provide a great service. I hate Stagecoach so much and think they are a rip off. I try and avoid them as much as possible, though it's hard when the cheaper buses don't run as frequently.